Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Brisket Potstickers

Options
A friend of ours is coming over for her birthday dinner tomorrow night and I needed an appetizer.   My wife and I were at the store when I saw some gyoza wrappers next to the wonton wrappers.  She and I crafted this recipe within the next minute.  I just did a test run and they were perfect. 

I just used the potsticker technique, not the flavor profiles.

Last night I cooked a 5lb brisket flat, hot and fast, using Adam Perry Lang's technique in BBQ25.  The rub was one I made up, spicy.  Fuel was hickory/cherry/lump.  3 hours at 325f, 2 hours foiled at 325, then sauced and cooked another 30 min or so until tender.

Sauced after foiling and reading to finish

Tonight, I chopped up 1/2 cup of the brisket and mixed it with 2 Tbsp au jus, 2 Tbsp corn, 1 Tbsp cilantro, 1 Tbsp roasted red pepper and 1/4 tsp of beef rub. 

Put a heaping tsp of the filling on each wrapper and sealed it up.

The pleating part took a minute to learn.  I just looked it up in Jaden Hair's Steamy Kitchen cookbook.

Then fry them in a pan in 2 Tbsp of oil for 2-3 minutes.  Add 1/4 c water, immediately cover and steam 3-4 minutes.  Then uncover and cook until the water is all gone (another minute or so).

I served them with some more au jus on the plate.  This would make about a dozen of these.

They look like regular potstickers but taste like BBQ brisket, delicious!   These are definitely going to be a repeat item at our house and I'll be proud to serve them to our guest of honor tomorrow night.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments