Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hopped on the "Chicken Bomb Bandwagon"...(lotsa pix)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

Many, many, many, many, many, many, many THANKS to @nashbama and @NecessaryIndulg for the inspiration here......OMG, these will be repeated...over and over and over again!

Don't judge me....I'm on Atkins....  ;):D

Comments

• milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    Wow - is this what the sticky fingers sauce was created for?  I think so!  Great cook!

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I'm on board, gonna try these soon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hot d@mn!  I cant see enough of these!  It looks  you wrapped bonus bacon lengthwise?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    OMG! I am stuck in Florida ALL week at a training class for work and I'm already having Egg withdrawals. Y'all are killing me with these "Chicken Bomb" posts. Can't wait to get home Saturday and do these. Looks awesome Dyal SC.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I'm with you dyl if I see these one more time ill have to do them that day!

Looking great!

XLBGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    WOW, I am hungry again and I just ate!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Oh Hell yeah!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Is this flattened breast meat wrapped around the peppers?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    man this chix bomb train is picking up some steam! The pics are like torture... chickeny, cheesy, bacony torture :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @hapster, I think most of them have been using boneless skinless thighs but I would think you could use flattened breast meat as well. I don't care what they use it looks amazing!!  Looks great as always @Dyal_SC
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Thanks, ladies and gents....  @SmokeyPItt, I wrapped it all with one piece of bacon as much as I could, and for those pieces lacking around the edges, I ripped off a little more to cover the ends.  @hapster, I did the same as @NecessaryIndulg and used skinless boneless chicken thighs.  My wife and I had Alice Springs Chicken on our menu for tonight, but she ended up going out with her work friends for dinner. So I was at home by myself....that meant something smoky and spicy was on the agenda.........;)  So I used the skinless boneless chicken thighs we had in the fridge for that purpose.  :)  @caliking....yes, it is torture.  :)  I agree.  I have leftovers packed for tomorrow's lunch, but I'm already wanting to dig in......     Moderation, Dyal, moderation.....    ;)
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    =P~ those look perfect for tailgating.. or a tuesday night! 

I just looked up Sticky Fingers and it appears that my dealer I buy my Ozark Oak from is the only place in OKC that sells it. I will have to pick up a bottle and give this a try! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Man I need to make me one of those...None of my other family members will come close to a jalapeño so maybe poblanos for them although those are bigger.  @dyal_sc once again you keep racking up the great foody points and pictures!  

Need to try some of that sticky fingers sauce but yeah that's not gonna be found here in the midwest :)
    Large BGE

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Stunning! :x
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Beaumonty
    Beaumonty Posts: 198
    Options
    EddieK76 said:
    Man I need to make me one of those...None of my other family members will come close to a jalapeño so maybe poblanos for them although those are bigger.  @dyal_sc once again you keep racking up the great foody points and pictures!  

Need to try some of that sticky fingers sauce but yeah that's not gonna be found here in the midwest :)
    I have the same issue.  I am pretty good at coring (it's the spines that hold the heat, cut them out and rinse) but I've recently used heatless jalapenos (Trappey's).  They really were heatless and convenient and a hit (although I grow my own and prefer fresh).
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Options
    @hapster I used flattened chicken breast, but after seeing pics of the thigh I think I'll use that next time.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Simply amazing, @Dyal_SC, simply amazing.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    EddieK76 said:

Eddie, we get sticky fingers in Cincinnati.  Jungle Jim's has their entire lineup.  If you're ever out this way it's a must stop.
    I'm in Indy every now and again.  Next time I'm at Flat 12 Bierworks I could bring some bottles with me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    EddieK76 said:
    ...None of my other family members will come close to a jalapeño so maybe poblanos for them although those are bigger. 
    Same here. Please let me know how the poblanos go. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome. Would love to cook one one of these days.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    I tried them with breasts and the results were sub par. I think the flavor and fattiness of thighs would yield better results.