Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will never enjoy restaurant pizza again...

Made a couple pies this evening, we came to the conclusion that eating pizza out will never compare! First was Italian sausage with the rabbit food on SWMBO's half, we also did a taco pizza, didn't get pics of that one, but I believe that it is my new favorite.
McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Man, we don't eat out at all. My expense account is zero

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    I agree with you!  Nothing in a restaurant can compare with pizza on the BGE!!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    BGE pizza is hard to beat - especially in today's Pizza joints!!
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Looks great.  Are most of you making your own dough?

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited April 2013
    Yep. Homemade pizza rocks, even when made indoirs. Yours looks great!

[edit: not saying yours was made indoors, but that even pizza made indoors beats restaurant/commercial pizza]

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    The wife made the dough, she used the recipe from the BGE cookbook. This is the second go at it and both times have been great. I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Making your own dough makes a big difference in the finished pizza!! 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    okienine said:
    The wife made the dough, she used the recipe from the BGE cookbook. This is the second go at it and both times have been great. I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    okienine said: I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.
    Make sure to get a wooden one!  And a saltshaker full of cornmeal is helpful too (now, stop reading this thread now, before the Parchment Paper People start posting)  :P

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Cast iron skillet pizza is the bomb. I buy my crust pre-made from Walmart.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Not A Parchment Paper People here  but insted of corn meal try Jiffy corn muffin mix, Went to get the corn meal and someone had used the last of it so I thought I would try the Jiffy, Worked great and added kinda a sweet flavor to it

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    looks great.  i want a peel just to have one but the wife put the kabosh to my egg spending for a bit.  i just use parchment and the back of a cookie sheet both on and off.
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    That's what we have been using is a flat baking sheet, no parchment paper, just corn meal.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Pizza made on the egg is the best. I don't think there is any pizza joint out there that could come close. Except for a CJ"s from "Tom House of Pizza" ( it is awesome, it is in Calgary Alta) we always hit that place when we visit family there.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Mowgli
    Mowgli Posts: 34
    RV10Flyer said:
    Looks great.  Are most of you making your own dough?
    I always make my own dough.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2013
    Check out the super peel and you don't even need corn meal. After one big pizza party I felt it was worth the price.

Great looking pizza!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
  • Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
    Have to agree!  There are very few options for the kind of pizza I like here in Tampa but we do have 2 coal fired places that are great; Wood Fired Pizza and a Grimaldi's.  There's also a place downtown that is doing a true Neo pizza that bakes off in under 2 minutes!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013

Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
    Oh boy do I agree. That's why I have to get my pizza skills up. 
    Luckily I found a place here in Houston with an authentic Neapolitan pizza oven @900. Pies bake in 90 seconds!
    Plus they have nutella dessert pizza. 

Family run, owner is a nice guy with a genuine passion about pizza. 

Now If I could just get him to sell me some dough balls!!!! 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!