Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Fajitas

Options
We had a great meal tonight. Marinated two chicken breast in McCormick's fajita seasoning. They swam in the marinate for 6 hours. Got the small egg up to 475 degress, direct with the grill on the fire box.Cut up peppers, onions, and had them resting in EVO and some of the same seasoning. Put the two breast on the grill for 4 minutes a side, used the remaining marinate on the breasts while they were grilling. Took the breasts off and let them rest while i put the onions and peppers into a pan and put them on the grill. Closed the bottom vent some. Grilled the onions and peppers. Once they were done, they were foiled and put into the oven. The breasts were sliced and then put into the pan and were finished. While in there, I added 1/2oz of tequila and the juice from a 1/2 lime. These were very tasty.
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    WOW! Sounds like quite the meal.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    WOW! Sounds like quite the meal.
    And looks it. 
    I always get a bit hesitant on those seasoning packs, but the cook looks solid.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Sounds really good, I like the tequila use. I have been craving fajitas and might have to use your method for the chicken ones! =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @taz, I hear you, but this time it was real tasty, we had the leftovers today and still loved it
    @Solson005 Tequila and the lime put a nice little finish to the flavor. Try it on your small egg
    ;)
    Large, small, and a mini