Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New dome design...

Options
13»

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options

@Firemanyz

I plan on picking up a new egg tomorrow. Deciding on going large or whole hog(xl)

Join the XL clan we will be glad to have you gotta get some attention away from all the Mini guys ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Where do you plan on getting it?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Firemanyz, I have placed a call to my usual dealer to get their best offer. I am going between them and Clark's since it is on my way home from work.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Now that I have the small large combo, a lot of times I wish I had a xl just for bigger meat and stuff.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Oh and I don't understand why the drama over the return. You told the truth they refunded you. It's part of the company's warranty.

I got a lot of slack once for taking an insurance check on a bike I totaled and instead of going to a shop I used the check to make the most out of it and did the work myself. Insurance company knew and didn't care. But some people got hot saying I commuted fraud.

XLBGE 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    A fire ring failure isn't very serious, a dome failure could cause a serious fire???  I am proud that Costco stands up concerning customer service.  I have never had a problem with Costco!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Now that I have the small large combo, a lot of times I wish I had a xl just for bigger meat and stuff.
    I mainly have egg envy when it comes to ribs.  I get jealous when I see people that just throw three full slabs faced own on the XL grid with room to spare :).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Then the XL owner looks at the egger with a L and S cooking at two different temps simultaneously. :D

Then the XL owner sees the L and S guy taking his S camping and tailgating. :D

Works both ways.  ;)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2013
    Options

@Eggcelsior,

You have to think an egg ahead of the one you're buying now.  ;)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Focker said:

@Eggcelsior,

Damn straight. When I bought the large, I was already scheming about how to get a small. When I bought the small, a plot was already being hatched for getting a mini!

@Eggcelsior: I'm going to hijack your thread for a moment. What about using refractory cement? Like the stuff Rutland makes for fireplaces - its rated to 2000°F or something like that. Oh but wait, you returned your egg. Never mind.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:
    Focker said:

@Eggcelsior,

Damn straight. When I bought the large, I was already scheming about how to get a small. When I bought the small, a plot was already being hatched for getting a mini!

@Eggcelsior: I'm going to hijack your thread for a moment. What about using refractory cement? Like the stuff Rutland makes for fireplaces - its rated to 2000°F or something like that. Oh but wait, you returned your egg. Never mind.
    I'll keep that in mind the next time I bust my dome.  ;)