Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low lump pizza pie and dip (pic heavy)

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
The wife wasn't feeling like a big production for supper tonight, come to find out she didn't feel like much of anything from pregnant n/v all day.

I got a meat lovers pizza from the Walmart deli. Technically it's a fancy non frozen digonero.

The low lump is like this.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Was cutting the grass and didn't want to add lump so decided to see if I could get around 450-500 with what I had and boy, I was blown away!! Ended up having to cut the bottom vent back some!

Here's the pie, and the setup, tried going high in the dome.

Egg stuck hard on 450 and cooked for around 20 min.

Would have liked darker but top was burning.

And my special dipping sauce!

This is me turning over a new leaf, documenting cooking :) and passing along experiences. Please in no way @mickey is this a smart &$$ post, @eggcelsior reminded me my professional duty to document my actions! So I ate pizza, egg'd pizza, and feed my kids!

XLBGE 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    Wow mr nurse . That looks good even if it was store bought .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I have notice that used up lump makes a hotter fire. Just for kicks I put a fire starter under the lump in the ashtray and lit it. Results were a really hot fire really quick.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited April 2013
    Love that dipping sauce. What kind of ratio do you use, particularly the butt rub?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looking good man!  I've made one of the wally world pies on the egg before and it wasn't bad at all.  I would take that over the "rising crust" any day.  My wife invented that dipping sauce (minus the rub) ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    @greeno55
    It's all just a shake and a squirt! I have no clue but the ranch is the biggest part. And I change up the rub sometimes.

XLBGE 
  • I love using rub in lots of unusual ways but never thought of this.  Very cool!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I like the cut of your jib!

Now, I can upgrade your annual review to "excellent". You're now eligible for the capped 1% merit and market pay increase!

Ahhh, nursing.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Hot butt ranch!

I did something similar but tried a new papa Murphy's that opened up by me and had a special for the opening week.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Love the special dipping sauce, reminds me of Judge Reinhold telling the secret sauce of All American Burger.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• MrCookingNurse
    Solson005 said:

Hot butt ranch!

I did something similar but tried a new papa Murphy's that opened up by me and had a special for the opening week.

Hot butt ranch!! We have a winner! Now just need a label!

XLBGE 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited April 2013
    Dude, let me be the devil's advocate here. And am just being an ass. I know. Walmart??? I can understand papa murphys or such. Even Costco. Yu want yor child gettin nutrition from China? Yu need to get it up there for the bride doing double duty. Just givin yu a hard time.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurse

I have notice that used up lump makes a hotter fire. Just for kicks I put a fire starter under the lump in the ashtray and lit it. Results were a really hot fire really quick.

When I first started eggin I was OCD about cleaning out the fire pit. Now I get my money's worth out of my lump. Even move lump from the small and large to the other depending on what I'm doing. I was wow'd by the power this lump gave off.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Aviator said:

Dude, let me be the devil's advocate here. And am just being an ass. I know. Walmart???
    I can understand papa murphys or such. Even Costco.
    Yu need to get it up there for the bride doing double duty.
    Just givin yu a hard time.

Hahah well we don't have any other options. Got one of the Kroger pies the other day and it was nasty!

@aviator
    I actually had ribeyes in mind when I called her from work and she said "baby that makes me wanna puke"

XLBGE 
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    When you don't have a lot of lump, then you are getting maximum air flow and as you experienced, you get a really hot fire.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Aviator said:

Dude, let me be the devil's advocate here. And am just being an ass. I know. Walmart???
    I can understand papa murphys or such. Even Costco.
    Yu need to get it up there for the bride doing double duty.
    Just givin yu a hard time.

Hahah well we don't have any other options. Got one of the Kroger pies the other day and it was nasty!

@aviator
    I actually had ribeyes in mind when I called her from work and she said "baby that makes me wanna puke"
    All you can say is: "I love you too, honey"

Nothing like buying a bunch of stuff for a nice dinner and getting home to hear: "Never mind, I think I'm just going to have a bowl of cereal."

I love you too, honey :-<