Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Vendor at the GA Mt. Eggfest

egret
egret Posts: 4,170
A new vendor with a new product is coming to the GA Mt. Eggfest. This is their first eggfest and a sort of "coming out" with this new product. From their web site : 

"Our SS Vented Cap is Stainless Steel (304 grade), the same material used by BGE for the lower vent, and like the lower vent it will not rust or break like cast iron." 

It's a fully adjustable cap the replaces the DMFT that comes with the BGE and shields from rain, snow, etc. 

It looks like a high quality product from here! 

Check it out: 

http://www.eggware.net/ 

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    It does look cool. I have to use a piece of scrap when it rains. Thank You Egret.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    That is a great design
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Looks like only one size?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mickey said:

Apparently. Only for medium and larger.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    looks nice and seems reasonable price... I've homemade but not sure of the savings.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Apparently. Only for medium and larger.
    Why don't he like the Minis?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    egret just pulling your chain my friend. (((and building post count)))

• henapple
    do you sleep with nelly and the mini?
  • Mickey
    henapple said:
    do you sleep with nelly and the mini?
    very large bed

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is pretty cool!  At first I didn't get how it adjusts...but I think this explains it:

It is two pieces with the same slots, so you rotate the outer piece to make the slots bigger or smaller.  Pretty clever!  I would imagine that this would snuff out the fire as well as the rain cap.  I like the idea that you can open the vents to allow airflow and prevent mold if (heaven forbid) your egg sits idle a few weeks. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EvansEgger
    EvansEgger Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Just ordered one. I'm addicted to buying toys for my Eggs. My wife hates this forum because I always find ways to spend more money when I visit it.
    Go Hogs Go
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    I've had my Large BGE since just before new years. I have spent nearly $4000 on it and related accessories since then. My wife thinks I'm crazy as hell for buying all of these gadgets and doohickey's. But... She likes the food. Not sure about replacing my daisy wheel. I live in So California. Don't worry to much about rain and bad weather here.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    edited April 2013
    I just heard from the owner of the company that makes the new SS cap for the BGE and he is offering a 15% discount on the caps if you use the code GAMTN when you make your purchase.
    Here's the site : http://www.eggware.net/

He's also bringing plenty of these along to the GA Mt. Eggfest!
    :):)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Why would I need one?  It doesn't rain in Texas.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    With the DW, I can use my fingernails while acting fast. Looks like I would need to drag out the gloves for this. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Looks well thought out. I will definitely order one. He will sell a ton at the GA Fest.
  • Mickey
    edited April 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/31232/Village%20Idiot">Village Idiot</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>Why would I need one?  It doesn't rain in Texas.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>VI it did that one day, remember you were at band camp..<BR>

• henapple

no but the Houston humidity is worse than rain...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    henapple said:
    But it makes my skin supple and smooth.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Shampoo is better.

It goes on first and cleans the hair.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Doing a few butts today for a friend in the rain.  Even with only the petals open and the egg tucked under the eave overhang, there was a small baldspot from rubwash.  Talked to Matt over the phone and he was really nice answering my main question of it also working as the ceramic cap, snuffing out the fire.  In the midwest, I had to order one.    

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Boss_Hog
    Boss_Hog Posts: 11
    henapple said:
    But it makes my skin supple and smooth.

• Boss_Hog
    Boss_Hog Posts: 11

You can leave this vent open when you are not using it and the air flow will cut down on the mildew that builds up in the grill. Also the vents won't slip open when somebody lifts the grill top.   
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    I have one ordered with a confirmed shipping code...  Looks perfect for the great PNW..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    I emailed them about a cap for the mini. maybe a few emails from mini owners would encorage them to consider making one. check their web site for the contact info.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Got mine today. Did some burgers and then a chic kabob. Temp ranged from 550 - 400. Like it so far but need to do a low and slow this weekend before I know for sure. I like the quality, look and fit. No more rusty CI DFMT is a positive. Hope I can hold 250 and then I'll be sold.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    4Runner said:
    Got mine today. Did some burgers and then a chic kabob. Temp ranged from 550 - 400. Like it so far but need to do a low and slow this weekend before I know for sure. I like the quality, look and fit. No more rusty CI DFMT is a positive. Hope I can hold 250 and then I'll be sold.
    Had no problems with 250 last weekend.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein