Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did the Athens Fest Happen

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
No pics
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited April 2013
    Yes i just finished happening.  Last nite they wined and dined us with all you could eat mudbugs, brisket, mojitos, porkballs, stuffed peppers and bacon wrapped chicken.  
    They were fattening us up for today.  
    There were easily 600 plus people...(100 sausage balls last five minutes and 8lb of braised country ribs, with garlic bread and roasted cherry tomatoes last just a little bit longer.  
    We are getting ready for the after party so i will post pictures after the party. Did have a lot of time to take many pictures... waves of people just kept coming.  
    This fest, like Salado, gets better with age.  I am dog tired right now, but will back next year.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Sounds real nice Joan.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553

Sounds like a successful fest! I will try and make it next year.

The "waves of people" reminds me of cooking at my first fest (OKC). I set a cast iron pan of bacon down and turned around to pull my burgers off the grill, and people were sampling the bacon. I pulled that off and hid it, and set down some pickles thinking they would be safe. Little kids started eating the pickles! I'm like guys, please quit eating my ingredients so I can assemble the sliders! I learned at a busy fest, you have to have a serving table and a prep table in the back, where people can't get to stuff.  

"Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Few pictures
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Yes i just finished happening.  Last nite they wined and dined us with all you could eat mudbugs, brisket, mojitos, porkballs, stuffed peppers and bacon wrapped chicken.  
    They were fattening us up for today.  
    There were easily 600 plus people...(100 sausage balls last five minutes and 8lb of braised country ribs, with garlic bread and roasted cherry tomatoes last just a little bit longer.  
    We are getting ready for the after party so i will post pictures after the party. Did have a lot of time to take many pictures... waves of people just kept coming.  
    This fest, like Salado, gets better with age.  I am dog tired right now, but will back next year.  
    I think it was you that mentioned braised country ribs with Bone Suck'in Sauce. When you mentioned garlic bread... that did it. PLEASE provide your recipe. Thanks...

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Austin  Egghead
    edited April 2013
    Yes it was. It is a real simple cook. Season up the meat with your favorite rub (we used AwShit, garlic powder, onion powder and one of dizzy rubs). Sear to crust the CRs (direct 8 min at 450).
    One pan had sliced roasted onion meat BSS original and Shiner Bock the other pan had BSS spicy, meat onion and Shiner Bock.
    Tightly cover pan with HDAF cook indirect for about 2 hours or until fork tender. 350-400 range
    Remove indirect setup and place meat back on egg to carmelize the sugars in the sauce. About 6 min if fire good and hot
    I was going to use a stout in one pan but other half said the frige must have been thirsty. I didnt believe it either :-)