Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

royal oak lump!!

for the canadians, the canadian superstore has royal oak lump 20# bags on for 9.95!!!! where i am that is the cheapest i can find! almost 20$ cheaper than bge brand (from what i understand its the same!!) the sale ends tomorrow1

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Thats awesome thanks. I'm going tomorrow and buying a bunch
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387

I used to use this for my old side smoker, to be honest I was not to impressed. I still have 2 bags sitting here from last fall, I have never put it in the egg. May as well use it up I guess.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498

I used to use this for my old side smoker, to be honest I was not to impressed. I still have 2 bags sitting here from last fall, I have never put it in the egg. May as well use it up I guess.

the problem i have here in thunder bay on, is there r only a few options!!! its either royal oak from superstore,candian tire, or bge brand from the dealer(at 29$ a bag!!) so this is what i use till i go out of town.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Home hardware has maple leaf lump supposed to be good stuff too!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • daffy1909
    @CANMAN1976 i'll have to check there,don't goto home hardware to often little bit pricey!!! thanks for the tip! :-h
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    daffy1909 said:

the problem i have here in thunder bay on, is there r only a few options!!! its either royal oak from superstore,candian tire, or bge brand from the dealer(at 29$ a bag!!) so this is what i use till i go out of town.

I hear ya, however, just make sure you look at the burn times. That was my issue, I found it burned very fast, so  for a 1/3 of the price, just make sure it doesnt burn more than a 1/3 faster than the BGE brand. But like I said, I used it in a differant smoker, so im not sure how it would compare to BGE in the egg itself.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 said:

I hear ya, however, just make sure you look at the burn times. That was my issue, I found it burned very fast, so  for a 1/3 of the price, just make sure it doesnt burn more than a 1/3 faster than the BGE brand. But like I said, I used it in a differant smoker, so im not sure how it would compare to BGE in the egg itself.
    some one on this forum told me that royal oak makes the bge brand lump.