Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Masters Week :)

Options
the best week in sports......without question the best Sunday in sports what will everyone be cooking? I'm doing fish tacos!!!

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Paella in honor of Seve.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    The Sunday usual - salmon and asparagus. Brined the salmon for the first time yesterday and wow, what a difference. It was more moist and flavorful than any other fish I have cooked on the egg. Simple brine of 4 tbs salt dissolved in 2 quarts water. Quick 15 minute brine.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    This is the best week in sports.  Michigan playing for the title tonight.  Masters week starting!  This is the best week of the year for me.

The Egg will be working all weekend. Gonna do some chicken legs, baby backs, and a tri tip over the course of the weekend.

My TV room is all Masters/Augusta National.  Prints, pin flags, etc.  This is the best golf week of the year and it's not even close.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I do love the Masters and hoping my man Rory pulls off a victory.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Rory played well this past weekend. Perhaps his game is coming back in to form just in time.

Tiger will be up there without a doubt.  Would like to see Dustin Johnson, Philbilly, and Poulter play well.

Wish Westwood would play well this weekend as well.

Maybe see a Fred Couples on the leaderboard for part of the weekend as well.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
    Steve 

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Freddy on the leader board would be great. Tiger will be a force for sure.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Rory is going to take it down. I feel it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I hope Tiger does well just because it is good for the game of golf, his personal issues aside.

It's amazing what happens to the ratings when he is near the top of the leaderboard on a Sunday in a major.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Tiger in contention would make for a great tournament. Hoping for great weather both here and there.

There's nothing better than Masters Sunday.  The tournament doesn't start til the back nine on Sunday!

Getting jacked just talking about it.
    Steve 

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    We will be trying a new recipe of Mediterranean mussels with bread for sopping up the juice and if the egg is fix some grilled lobster tails. We will be watching... ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Think I'm gonna try to make some pulled beef this weekend and make some sammiches.  Sounds like a great Masters Saturday meal.
    Steve 

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    doesnt matter if tigers not in the running,they show him more than any one!! and if hes playing real bad, they just show tourny's from the past!!!  im going with the old faithful baby backs & bacon wrapped corn!! hope u all enjoy the masters and your cooks!!!! i know i will!! O:-) ^:)^
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have never aggreed with another human being so much.

Pimiento cheese for lunch and brisket for dinner
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm thinking cheesy grits and Brunswick stew.
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    Brisket for the Sunday Final.... Have an 8Lb in the fridge waiting for the low and slow.  Don't feel like getting up at 4am to turbo in time for lunch, so will start sat night and go low, FTC till lunch...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Newbbqer
    Newbbqer Posts: 78
    Options
    Not cooking, unless I can find a way to take my egg with me to the masters! Agree with Daffy, the media needs to stop showing him so much. He is a great golfer no doubt, but the media ruins him IMO. Looking forward to nice weather and great play on THE best week in sports!
  • ericdc
    ericdc Posts: 30
    Options
    don't play golf but really enjoy watching the masters.

"hello friends"
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    I'm liking Keegan Bradley.... Tiger and Rory will also be in the hunt
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Options
    i'm doing fish tacos saturday night....hopefully do pork tenderloin sunday night it's against the law to not egg a piece of pork on the weekend
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Doing ribs Friday ( took the day off), thinking about wings on Saturday and Ribeyes on Sunday! Watching the masters in the cave all day everyday :-)
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Does anybody know what Bubba chose for his "Champion's Dinner"?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I have never aggreed with another human being so much. Pimiento cheese for lunch and brisket for dinner
    You've been to the Masters I see!! Remember to only charge a dollar for each sandwich... Go Phil!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I take Masters Friday off work every year and cook something
    Have not decided what to cook but I am already pumped for the tournament!
    SWMBO and I talked about egg salad and pimento cheese for lunch  this weekend!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Shooting for the stars this weekend. Going to try 4 butts on my large.
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    Bubba's menu:

• Traditional Caesar Salad

• Grilled chicken breast served with green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni and cheese and cornbread.

• For dessert, confetti cake with vanilla ice cream.

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Chicken wings with Raging River for lunch, Pork tenderloin with brussel sprouts for supper.
    A few adult beverages throughout the day
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I am going for 4 racks of ribs on Saturday... Masters and for Mom's birthday.