Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And the Winners of the first (Maybe Annual) Egghead Weightloss Competition Is.....

Options
2»

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options

tjv said:

Hey Village Idiot,  when I posted this my first thought was......the weight loss competition results  and likewise the responses are like grade school sports.......everyone is a winner and gets a trophy..........lol

t

but some trophies are better than others.................

Does that mean we all get a CGS gift certificate ;-)

Lynnwood WA
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    Options
    Just seeing that I was the winner! Sweet! I'll do a little better write-up tonight when I get home, but thanks @fletcherfam for doing this. 
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just seeing that I was the winner! Sweet! I'll do a little better write-up tonight when I get home, but thanks @fletcherfam for doing this. 
    great job man. Amazing results. Would love to hear how you did it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    I don't have any secret formula for losing the weight other than adhering to calories in versus calories out. I used a calorie tracker app on my phone (My Fitness Pal) and monitored EVERYTHING I ate. It drove my wife nuts. I had my calorie intake set at 1400 to begin, but by exercising I could "earn" more calories (think: beer). That's about it as far as my nutrition. I still ate the same foods, just not as much. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it was easy to skip on desserts. The hardest part was cutting out unnecessary chips. 
    The exercise side of the equation is where I made a huge change. I started out hot and heavy on the treadmill 5 miles a day, but I developed a stress fracture in my tibia. That drove me to rejoining a gym where I bikes my @$$ off. Luckily, it was basketball season and each piece of cardio equipment had its own tv. That helped. I also started swimming. That was hard. My leg started feeling better right at the end and I started mixing up all three. 
    The sad part is that I consider myself a pretty athletic guy, I'd just been uber lazy to get myself to where I was. When the competition started my goal was to get under 180. As time wentby and the pounds kept coming off, I changed my goal to 20% and trying to win! Fishlessman kept me motivated with his results. A huge thanks to Fletcher for organizing this thing. 
    (I'd post before and after pics, but I don't know what the monitors would think of that.)
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Fouker187
    Fouker187 Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't have any secret formula for losing the weight other than adhering to calories in versus calories out. I used a calorie tracker app on my phone (My Fitness Pal) and monitored EVERYTHING I ate. It drove my wife nuts. I had my calorie intake set at 1400 to begin, but by exercising I could "earn" more calories (think: beer). That's about it as far as my nutrition. I still ate the same foods, just not as much. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it was easy to skip on desserts. The hardest part was cutting out unnecessary chips. 
    The exercise side of the equation is where I made a huge change. I started out hot and heavy on the treadmill 5 miles a day, but I developed a stress fracture in my tibia. That drove me to rejoining a gym where I bikes my @$$ off. Luckily, it was basketball season and each piece of cardio equipment had its own tv. That helped. I also started swimming. That was hard. My leg started feeling better right at the end and I started mixing up all three. 
    The sad part is that I consider myself a pretty athletic guy, I'd just been uber lazy to get myself to where I was. When the competition started my goal was to get under 180. As time wentby and the pounds kept coming off, I changed my goal to 20% and trying to win! Fishlessman kept me motivated with his results. A huge thanks to Fletcher for organizing this thing. 
    (I'd post before and after pics, but I don't know what the monitors would think of that.)
    Why are you naked?
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you! GREAT JOB!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Great job. And there are no monitors.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm eating low carb but tracking every bite on live strong. I also have a body bug (they are awesome) so I track every calorie out too. Highly recommend the body bug for anyone trying to lose weight. I've had it for years but hadn't used it in a while. This thing is so cool because every 3500 calorie deficit = 1 lb fat loss. and it's spot on. You can do the math every day and know exactly what you will lose. 
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    I didn't set out to be low-carb, but when cutting calories out of your diet the big chunks are the carbs. I still ate pizza, just not the crust...etc, e
    Here's the before/after pics (it DID happen!). 
    (*DISCLAIMER - I'm doing this on my phonr, so I don't know how the pics will turn out. Sorry.)
    imageimageimageimage
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    @jayhawkeye HOLY CRAP good job buddy! I will get you the Sous Vide so you can put some meat on those bones!
    Lynnwood WA
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    @double Can't wait! I've got some ribeyes and short ribs sealed and ready!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    atta boy jayhawk. Just awesome. I love to see a great success story.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Way to go JayHawk, great job.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Great job, all. Not so much for me. I'll blame it on stress at work, cause I'm in the middle of a project with big consequences if I fail.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009