Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok size for Mini

I am here in San Francisco. Thought I would drop by the Wokshop and pick up a wok for my Mini.  I think the one the Village Idiot has comes with a wooden handle. I would have it sit on the Mini Woo.

What size wok?

Springram
Spring, Texas

LBGE and Mini

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    10" flat bottom with handle. If Ms Tane Chan is working when you're there you can ask her as she is very familiar with Mickey's set up. She helped me find the 10" on my visit there: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140382/visited-the-wok-shop
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    OT -
    While you're in SF, try Beard Papa's if you like cream puffs

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Is that you, honey?   ha ha ha ha   Sorry, private joke.

As a Type 2, I am going to have to pass on the cream puffs, but thanks for the tip.

Springram

LBGE and Mini
  • caliking
    :) I'm still telling that one.

I think they have sugar-free ones, if you are okay with sugar substitutes, but its been a while since I was there.

Either way, its already a fruitful trip if you're picking up a wok!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Talk to Mrs Chan and tell her hello for me.. She knows all, do what she says.. For only $5 more she will season it...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey

When you go please get a picture of you two togather. Have talked to her many times by phone.

R2Egg2Q posted lots of shots of store but not her.

• Springram
    Thanks, Mickey and all who have responded. I hope she is in the shop today.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Mickey said:

When you go please get a picture of you two togather. Have talked to her many times by phone.

R2Egg2Q posted lots of shots of store but not her.

Yes, please get a pic as I failed on that (I tried but didn't want to be banned from her store - either that or I had the bad hair day ;) )
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    @Mickey, you have a crush?? :-c
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Springram
    Mission Accomplished! Got the 10" Pow Wok for the Mini from the Wok Shop. Super service from Ms. Chan and her brother, Randy.  Sorry, no pics with Ms. Chan but gave regards from Mickey, et al.

I walked in and said I need a wok for my Big Green Egg Mini and was immediately handed the proper wok. 

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Chubbs
    Awesome!
  • Mickey
    edited April 2013
    Is she not seasoning them anymore for the $5.? I understand VI is undercutting her price by $1.25 in Houston.

• Mickey
    I have got to make it to her store. She told me she would take me to lunch near her store. I was there before I learned of her and what an area.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Mickey said:
    Is she not seasoning them anymore for the $5.? I understand VI is undercutting her price by $1.25 in Houston.
    She said she'd do them for free if Mickey would just call her sometime.  She feels he left her without notice.  According to her, "he ain't called or written in over two weeks".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey said:
    She said she'd do them for free if Mickey would just call her sometime.  She feels he left her without notice.

I would but she talks on the phone longer than you do ( and she is an old lady)......

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Is the wok balanced? The handle looks long and heavy in the image
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Chubbs
    It is same one Mickey posted above.
  • Springram
    Mickey said:
    I have got to make it to her store. She told me she would take me to lunch near her store. I was there before I learned of her and what an area.
    They would take you to "Chef Hung's" restaurant which is just around the corner. Old style Cantonese.....

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Springram
    egger ave said:
    Is the wok balanced? The handle looks long and heavy in the image
    Yes....perfectly.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    You are going to love the Wok shop. One of the few shops in the SF are that I miss. If you have time go over to the Buena Vista for one of the best Irish coffees ever.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Springram
    The Buena Vista is the "home" of Irish Coffee, at least the way we Americans know it. Absolutely the best there is.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Been there many times.  Yep, almost as good as Ireland.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Springram
    Used my Mini Wok from the Wok Store (Ms. Chan) the other night. Stir fried some veggies. The wok from Ms. Chan sits perfectly on the Mini Woo. I know...way too many veggies in the wok for proper stir fry but still came out great.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • caliking
    I like that setup! Nice looking grub ya got there.