Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs

Options
well this past weekend it was time for ribs! 
this is the second time iv done the 3-2-1 method, but this time i did 3-1.5-1 

24 hour brine in water with apple juice and apple cider vinegar. 
then rubbed with my own mix of brown sugar, paprika, coriander, cumin, allspice, minced garlic, black pepper salt 

brought the grill to 230f and put the ribs on a vrack for 3 hours with a couple apple & hickory chunks, kept steady for most of the cook 230-240. 

3 hours later:

then i foiled them with apple juice and dijon mustard mixture for 1.5 hours, sorry no pics of that part. after that they went back on the vrack and were painted down with my kicked up sweet baby rays sauce for an 1 more hour. 
done here:

things i would do differently
* higher temp at last hour,  i did them at 250-260 last time and it had a better crust. 
*maybe not stack them like that, usually i only do 2 but i wanted a 3rd this time for wokking.  
other then that these were pretty much the best ribs i have had! i cant wait to eat them again. 

Comments