Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SUPER BRISKET!

JRWhitee
JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
Prepared a USDA Choice 16.56lb Brisket "The Beast" for Superbowl Sunday. Trimmed and injected at 11:00am Saturday with AuJus, 4c of Beef bullion, 4tbs bacon grease and the trimmed fat boiled for 30 min. injected every square inch then wrapped in saran and refrigerated until about 8:00pm Saturday night, started the egg and got stable at 275 dome, seasoned with Cowlick rub and Lawry's and on the egg at 11:00. Got up at 7:00 and checked the dome had dropped to 210 and grate temp to 189. Poked the coals and minor adjustment temp back up to 250 at 9:00 sprayed with apple juice removed foiled brick. Internal temp at 157. Timing seems to be right on for a 2:00-4:00 finish. Keep you fingers crossed. 27 people arriving at 5:30pm tonight.

Following Bubba Tims Brisket ramblings.

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Looks great. What's your address again? :)

Garnerville, NY
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Looking good! Going to be some happy people watching the game at your place! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Score! 8-}

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    very nice.  i have a packer in my freezer and i swear i hear it calling out every time i go near it - please cook me.  Want to make my own pastrami or corned beef, so had been holding off so far, but the temptation might be to great.
  • JRWhitee
    Thanks guys we are at 165 at 2:30 I am getting a little nervous...just a little. I'll post pics when its finished.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    edited February 2013
    JRWhitee said: Thanks guys we are at 165 at 2:30 I am getting a little nervous...just a little. I'll post pics when its finished.  

I think I'd wrap it in foil, that's a HUGE chunk of meat and I don't know how long your stall will be (if it hits temp before the game you can just cooler it.) 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JRWhitee
    The Beast past the fork test at 4:50 double foiled with drippings and into the toweled cooler sliced at 6:20 turned out excellent, nice smoke ring juice and very flavorful. 16.5 lbs of Brisket was gone in 20 minutes. The Super Brisket was a Super Success.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Daa-d-d-da-da, dah, dah, dah, daa-d-d-dah, daaah.... DUP-DAH-DAH!

Super-Awesome cook, dude
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    That looks outstanding!
  • First time I've seen foil around the outer edges of the grill. Helps slow cook time?
    Charlotte, nc
  • JRWhitee
    edited March 2013
    No, it just keeps the direct flame away from the meat outside of the platesetter.
    First time I've seen foil around the outer edges of the grill. Helps slow cook time?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Can I  have some of your brisket please? Seems Centex said he cooked a good brisket but henapple ate all of it while telling me there was a shooting on the other side of the Fest and Nola was hurt.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Mickey said:
    Can I  have some of your brisket please? Seems Centex said he cooked a good brisket but henapple ate all of it while telling me there was a shooting on the other side of the Fest and Nola was hurt.

=)) =))

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• JRWhitee
    Mickey said:
    Next one Mickey I made that for the Super Bowl it was gone by the 2nd quarter.

Johns Creek, Georgia