Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Bacon

Options
Hands down the best bacon I've ever had comes via mail order. My dad grew up in East Tennessee and ordered some bacon and country hams from Benton's out of Madisonville Tennessee. Hands down the best smoked bacon I've ever had. If you like bacon and hams give him a call.

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Not sure you are going to find a lot of love for mail order bacon around here. Lots of guys do their own. Just finished my first batch ever and it is AWSOME!!!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I ran out of my homemade bacon this past week and bought a pack from store tonight to wrap shrimp with. I will never buy store-bought again. Homemade only
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good bacon is good bacon.  Bad bacon is bad bacon.

My homemade stuff blew away anything I've ever bought.  But I got my hands on some really good duroc belly.  I've read posts of people making some less-than-perfect stuff too.