Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging With My New Friend @Owossoegger

Options

First of all, I want to fess up that I broke the #1 rule of this forum..."If there are no pix, it didn't happen!"  My camera was forgotten at home and my phone's camera sux.  Sorry!

So I had the day off today and by happy coincidence my dealer Owossoegger PM'ed me a couple of days ago and told me the CI grid I ordered for my mini finally arrived.  He said that would give us a chance to chat about the Egg cooking demo festival at the Owosso farmer's market scheduled for June 15th.  I said I would cook and help with it.  I offered to bring some chicken legs to cook on his demo egg for us, the staff of his heating & cooling business and for anyone that wanders by... a demo cook.  Game on!

I also brought my mini with a rack of ABTs.  I made the ABTs "plain vanilla" with filling of cream cheese and shedded cheddar, wrapped in bacon and dusted with Dizzy Dust.  Half of the chicken legs were dusted with Shaking the Tree and the other half with Swamp Venom.  I brought my AR so I cooked the legs raised direct.  Everything was good and tasty!  The legs got mixed up so for those that don't like spicy, they had to choose carefully.  Some chose incorrectly which provided some laughs.

What a great day!  Thank you Kevin!  We're still working things out for the festival on June 15th in Owosso Michigan.  I can hardly wait to light the lump with you again!  

Flint, Michigan

Comments