Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig with Spider

Denevan
Denevan Posts: 24
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have been going back and forth on whether I should get the Adjustable Rig from CGS or a three tier setup. I tried to make my own DIY system and found it failed horribly... I even thought maybe I could make my own AR.  So I finally called Tom from the CGS (on Sunday afternoon no less) and he talked me through a few different setups.  Well after much debate and some convincing of the wife - I finally bought an AR and while I was there I bought the spider as well. They arrived today and man am I impressed. This thing is the real deal. Heavy thick steel, great welds and well put together. So I cooked up a pair of spatchcock chickens on the middle rack and a chicken in a clay pot on the top. I still had room underneath on the main grid had I wanted to cook up something else. I have a lot of BGE accessories but this might be my best one yet. Going to sear some steaks on an 18" CI using the spider tomorrow.  I can't wait to cook up some butt over brisket and a ton of other things. So if you are thinking about getting this setup - stop the debate and get it - you won't be disappointed. Great customer service (Tom - the owner - answered the phone on Sunday!), and its made here in the good ol USA...     

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Top notch product from both CGS and Franco at Ceramic Grill Works... All about class and customer service with those two.

Enjoy your AR and Spider. I have the PSWoo3 and the Spider for my large and I'm still considering the Swing Rack as well. A lot depends on the size of my next egg. Either going with another large or an XL. I also got the wok kit from Tom @ CGS to fit on my Spider. Love it...

Can't go wrong with either; buying made in the US products from guys who are going all in on the American dream.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Glad to see you pulled the trigger @Denevan. My Spider and rig very rarely leave my egg.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Denevan
    Denevan Posts: 24
    @Scottborasjr - Thanks for the help - its awesome!
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    I was still unsure but after this I think I just might have too. Thanks
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @canegger, besides a thermapen the adjustable rig is the most important tool I have purchased besides the Egg itself. If you have the funds I cannot recommend any product any more then these two. Just call Tom and figure out exactly what you need the first time. He's a wonderful businessman and a joy to work with.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Birthday is coming up end of April so just might have too
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I'm in.....I may even get it before the egg.Question is one oval sliding grid or one oval grid and one d - sliding grid with extender ? I like my ribs but I wanna do spatch turkey too!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    PSWOO2 and Spider for me.  Love the quality of the product.  I am waiting for CGS to begin making the rig extender again for the PSWOO, until then I have  DIY second tier that adds another level.  Tom worked with me as well, great customer service.  Great product.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    edited March 2013
    Love my AR couldn't imagine my large without it. Great addition...congrats! Only if I had one to fit my medium......
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    thanks to all for the kind remarks....they are all greatly appreciated.  

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    I'm in.....I may even get it before the egg.Question is one oval sliding grid or one oval grid and one d - sliding grid with extender ? I like my ribs but I wanna do spatch turkey too!!!

Tell Tom what you want to do, watch the videos on his website and he will help you pick the best setup, he did for me and couldnt be happier with the purchase.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD