Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium Egg Auction!

For those Atlanta area Eggheads or soon to be Egghead you may want to check this out. Every year for the past twenty five years my son's school has hosted a benefit auction to raise funds for the school. This is our first year at this school and my wife was in charge of coordinating the basket for his class. She contemplated vacation homes, jewelry, and a host of other ideas and decided to do a Big Green Egg basket. I will post a list of items that are included with the Egg. If interested send me an inbox message and I will give you more information. Regretfully I have been told that I am not allowed to bid!
Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Medium BGE Medium nest Stainless BBQ tool set Electric charcoal starter Cast iron cooking grid V rack BGE pizza stone Nine inch round drip pan Wireless remote thermometer Instant read thermometer Cedar grilling planks BGE Fire starters BGE citronella candle Hickory chunks Pecan chips Hickory chips Jack Daniels chips Apple chips Big green egg cookbook for eggheads BGE cookbook Dizzy pig cow lick Big uns carnivore BBQ sauce Kentucky gold mustard based BBQ sauce Jacks old south meat rub Bad Byron's butt rub Dizzy pig shaking the tree Ash tool Grill gripper Bad bryons jubilee seafood seasoning Medium plate setter Fifty dollar BGE gift card Mesquite chunks Silicone basting brush BGE cutting board Dizzy pig viva caliente rub
  • blueinatl
    blueinatl Posts: 94
    That is one amazing basket!
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • RLeeper
    Here are the pics...they didn't load on the original post for some reason
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited March 2013
    That would be awesome to win. To far for me but would be a good auction to be at
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2013
    Not quite sure how I can coordinate this, but I am sure I cannot win this bid by myself.  I would like to get some folks in with me to raise a bid on behalf of the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in Decatur, on the campus of Emory University.  By God they took good care of me.

If any of you regulars will PM  to join in with a bid I will front the money.

I will start seed money at $200.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• RLeeper
    Not quite sure how I can coordinate this, but I am sure I cannot win this bid by myself.  I would like to get some folks in with me to raise a bid on behalf of the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in Decatur, on the campus of Emory University.  By God they took good care of me.

If any of you regulars will PM  to join in with a bid I will front the money.
    Doc shoot me a message and we can talk. I'm sure you can send someone as your proxy. That is a great organization. I'm in the medical profession and have done work with them.
  • RLeeper
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That's an awesome deal for anyone in the area please consider bidding on it for not only an awesome product but even a better cause.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2013
    This bid is on March 23.  If any regular will PM me to add to my seed of $ 200 RLeeper will help us put a bid in.  I will of course make sure it comes from the Eggheads involved.

Again, I would like to send this Egg to the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge at Emory University.

I spent 6 no cost weeks there while getting radiation therapy.  Without them I would have had to choose a less favorable treatment.  They try to make the stay like home, and have a great back deck.  If an Egg had been there it would have cheered me up every day, and I would have fed some happy folks.

I actually cooked several times in the big kitchen for older, sicker couples who were eating miserably because they just could not manage.

That is in no way any ding at the Lodge, they had volunteers in all the time to cook for us, but they provide the home, not the care.  Some folks just were not up to taking care of themselves.

I wish I were there to lend a hand from time to time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @Doc_Eggerton Wish I was in a position to help the cause, sounds like a very worthy one.  Please if anyone has the means contact Doc to help out with the bid.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.