Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket help

Options
Socalcajudo
Socalcajudo Posts: 132
Hello all. I was hoping to get some tips in making a brisket on the egg. Last time I made a brisket I has the done temp at 250 to 275 for about almost 16hours. The brisket never got to the point where it passed the fork test. It came out tough and dry. I blame it on the meat since the cryo packaging had a lot of the juices in there. It's hard to find a good cut of brisket and fresh ere in San Diego besides going to costco. I was traumatized of the results but I think I want to do it again.

So. Do you recommended adding liquids to the drip pan when cooking brisket in the egg. I was planning to cook at dome temp of 225-260 range, until it passes the fork test. Planning to foil at IT 165 until about 190 or so or until the meat is tender. Is this wrong to do. I have little experience with brisket I have only done it twice. Once on the egg with bad results and once on a side firebox smoker with better results. Please HELP

Comments