Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Spatchcock Success

I haven't posted a picture of a cook in a while, so I thought I'd do my part. This is your standard Simon and Garfunkel chicken. This one is going to be turned in to chicken salad.

I also cooked 2 pieces of Mahi Mahi before the chicken. No pics of those. The family was hungry.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks good! I'll have to add Simon and Garfunkel to my ever growing list of things to try! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    It is so good, and so easy.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Since i've been cooking on the grill extender, on top of the adjustable rig, I can't seem to get the breast temp up to 160 at the same time the thighs are 180?  I was thinking of flipping the bird breast down the first 30 min or so.  Thoughts?

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I inject my chickens with "bitter orange" marinade, so i can overcook the breasts (if necessary?) to get the thighs fully cooked to 180 degrees without drying anything out !
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I always cook mine breast side down for 10-15 minutes, then flip for the remainder of the cook. BTW, this bird was skinless. I've been removing the skin on them lately and like them better than with the skin on. It is just as moist and more of the rub gets on the chicken.
    Mark Annville, PA