Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing Ribs 3-2-1 method, 1 question

Options
Alton
Alton Posts: 509
If I'm using the 3-2-1 method do I have to sauce ? I don't think so but I'm unsure
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You don't have to. Your just adding liquid during a stage(apple cider/juice, honey, beer, etc)
  • Alton
    Options
    I usually make a apple cider vinegar / apple juice mixture for my foil stage
  • Alton
    Options
    You don't have to. Your just adding liquid during a stage(apple cider/juice, honey, beer, etc)

I usually make a apple cider vinegar / apple juice mixture for my foil stage
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I baste with honey or brown sugar...maybe a little aj.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jn_austin
    jn_austin Posts: 29
    Options
    I did the 3, 1.5, 1 method and it came out perfect. I didn't sauce as I like to apply my sauce later at the table since many in my family just like the dry rub flavor. Best ribs I have ever made. I poured half a beer into the bottom on my pan and added thin apple slices and put the ribs over that. Worked great!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options

The X-X-X rib cook addresses the possible phases of the cook-X bone side down; X in foil; and X with sauce.  Many run X-0-0 meaning nothing but the ribs on the cooking grate til they pass the bend or toothpick finish test.  Experiment with various combinations til you find what you like.  There are many ways to cook ribs including Mickey's "Turbo ribs".  It's all what you enjoy.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.