Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table sizing

Good day all.

Ready to build a table to house a large. My plans are to have a top of about 6' x 3'. With the egg offset 18" from one end.

Those of you who have one already are you seeing  that it should of been larger or smaller now that it being used awhile? I may be having second thoughts of such a big  area.

Thank and have a grill day! Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have a 6' x 25" table, large egg in the middle.  I like the space, although I do most of my prep work inside.  If you have the room, a big table is a nice luxury. 3' deep seems a little much in that dimension, but nothing wrong with that.
    I did mine 3'x5.5' and its good forum area sometimes it gets a little tight on the work area my egg starts about 10" in from it so I have about 3' of work area but its functional. Ideally I would have a whole different work area.
  • I bought my large off CL & it came with the standard table. I'm not home right now to measure it. If you're building it yourself, one thing I don't like about my table is the Egg is about 6" from the edge of the left side of the table. It would be nice to have more real estate over there. Good luck Bill!
    Flint, Michigan