Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walmart pan

Options
2»

Comments

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Tell me about it. I found a guy around my area asking $100. I said I'd do 50 and never heard back.

Now Mr cooking nurse, do you normally use a gtt pan for higher heat cooks? Now that I think of it I only used this on low and slows. But like you said, it's for pizza, and I can't think of any pizza (even store bought frozen) that is cooked under 425.
    Dunedin, FL
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    @yzzi
    I'm not wanting to use this as a gtt pan. I'm wanting to cook hashbrowns on it. I'm doing it tomorrow. Will post how it goes. If it fails it will be a low and slow gtt pan. No sir no pan unless its low and slow, big juicy meat under 350.

XLBGE 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Bah, I completely glazed over the plans for hash browns. And now it all makes sense.... Me idiot.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2013
    Options

Good thing JCAHO is not surveying this forum, we have illegal abbreviations all over the place! 

Tried aluminum drip pan once on a higher heat cook.  Melted a hole in the drip pan.  The firebox temps can easily climb to the melting point of aluminum...be careful.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @shtgunal3 I am on the lookout for any cast iron griddle that will fit in the small and have no issues with cutting the handle off if needed. Wagner Ware is now included in my search, Thanks! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:

Good thing JCAHO is not surveying this forum, we have illegal abbreviations all over the place! 

Tried aluminum drip pan once on a higher heat cook.  Melted a hole in the drip pan.  The firebox temps can easily climb to the melting point of aluminum...be careful.

Focker, that sounds like a Sentinel event.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Focker said:

Okay, you made me look it up.  Aluminum melts at 1,220.666 degrees F.  I know several of us have cranked the thermometer all the way around, so its certainly feasible.  Bet you got a nice crust on whatever you were cooking!   :D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    worked great

stayed under 400 and hashbrown were amazing

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Awesome, you win for best value of eggcessories to make great food award! Glad it worked out.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.