Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There was so much love from Fatman and Little boy that they adopted a Small Fire Hazard.

Options
No pics of the complete family yet as it has looked like rain all day and was too lazy to get the Medium off the deck.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Well you didn't hold off long! Congrats on the adoption!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q Yea, went to a different dealer and got the Egg the nest, and the ash tool and a 20 pound bag of lump for less then my other dealer wanted for just the Egg and the Nest before sales tax.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I'm surprised your first dealer didn't offer any discount considering it would have been your 3rd Egg from him?? His loss.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Woohoo!!!! Congrats bud. I'm loving my small!

XLBGE 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q Yeah, I was a little surprised myself after I've bought 2 eggs, many accessories, and probably at least a bag of charcoal a month from him for the last three years.  But he went to the book, quoted me the new MSRP and said he couldn't do any better.  I'll admit that I buy most of my charcoal elsewhere but I've spent at least 4000 dollars in his store over three years and he lost a sale and possibly a customer over 125 bucks.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse just trying to wait to see what the dimensions are for the swing racks for the medium and the small for my next purchase.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Grats it all worked out.
    Seattle, WA
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thanks @SkinnyV I really did want the mini but with a couple of kids who will hopefully start eating egged food besides pizza soon figured the small was the way to go.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah makes sense my kids are 1 and soon to be 4. I hope to pick up a large at pnw eggfest in June. I just need to pull the trigger, part of me says hold off another yr I am getting by just fine but we will see.
    Starting a kitchen remodel end of the month that will dictate the leftover budget $$.
    Seattle, WA
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Congratulations on the new little one!!

I convinced a couple of buddies to at least look into getting a small egg. I showed up late, hauled it to the backyard, got a fire going, went inside to finish prepping the garlic knots to be cooked inside, went back to the grill and it was at 500° My buddy was still waiting for his briquettes to be hot enough so the lighter fluid smell was crazy. Plus I made one of the best tri-tips I've done and sliced it all up for everyone to eat as his food wasn't ready yet, then I made the corn on my egg so he could maneuver everything around the uneven hot spots on his charcoal grill. 

Small eggs are awesome and I cook for a pretty big group almost weekly on it. 

Do you have a first cook planned? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Not yet @Solson005 going to probably go to store tomorrow, really hoping ceramicgrillworks gets the swing rack finalized for both the small and the medium soon so I can figure out my indirect setup.
  • Solson005
    Options
    I am waiting on that as well, as fast as time is going by these days it will be out in no time! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I've kinda been thinking I'm going to go ahead and order the Woo for the small and do swing grate for medium, however Ceramic Grill Store has been out of the stone needed for the small.  I have a plate setter for the medium but no way to go indirect with the small at the moment.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Yea I am waiting for the swing grate for my small, but also went ahead and bought a plate setter.  I really do like the simplicity of the plate setter and use the one in my large all the time.  The plate setter will work with the swing grate so another reason I went ahead and bought one.  I can imagine they will be swarmed with orders when that thing comes out!

XLBGE 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I plan on ordering one for my small as soon as they're released!
    Flint, Michigan
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    So what was/is a good price on a small with a nest?
    Gittin' there...
  • Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    Options
    MSRP for the small is now 569, I think MSRP for the nest is 135.  So anything below 700 bucks for both isn't bad. I didn't get a plate setter yet because I'm thinking of going with a setup from Ceramic Grill Store for that but I think the MSRP for the small plate setter is 50 bucks.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    550-650 can go up to 700

500 egg + nest at an eggfest

XLBGE 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    700 American dollars? Ouch!

You coulda told me to sit down first. :(
    Gittin' there...
  • Solson005
    Options
    If you plan on leaving your woo in your small (I haven't taken it out except to do a full clean) I would suggest getting one without handles, maybe even figure out the measurements of how high the platesetter puts the grate and order a custom one. That way if you do get the swing rack for the small you can use the woo with it for indirect. Or you can buy mine and I'll do that..  :))
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    That's a heck of an idea @Solson005!!
  • Solson005
    Options
    That's my plan, but I already have a woo so it complicates things.. I think my wok and pizza method would work better without the handles, but if you do a reverse sear or change from direct to indirect the handles would make it super easy (I just don't)