Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg in a cart designed and built from TML

Been saving and planning for years and finally pulled the trigger on a large egg with many toys.  After looking through all the plans on-line they were all to big, to small, to clunky, to...  Ended up designing my own.  Started looking at what to make it out of and leaned toward one of the readily accessible weather proof exotics (cumuru) that I used previously.  Went to my lumber dealer to look at that or cyprus and found something even better, thermally modified lumber.  It is southern yellow pine baked to point of being bug proof, rot proof and dimensionally stable.  It was nice to work with and makes the shop smell pretty good.  The color you see is its color.  I'm told it will weather silver if I don't put anything on it or I can coat to keep this way, hane not decided on that one yet.  Price point was just a bit below the poly decking products.  Here is how it turned out.

Of course being a custom size there was no stock cover out there so I found some outdoor fabric and made my own:

Comments