Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home cut carne asada cast iron griddle cook

SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Sale at QFC on CAB sirloin tip roast so i picked one up. Didnt want beef stew or anything else decided to try and quick freeze then slice on the slicer for carne asada. No slicing pics but cut with dial on 2 (should have gone little thicker) marinated with orange juice, onion, cilantro and carne asada seasoning mix. Should have used more juice and lemon would have been nice.

Fired up the egg to keep the mess outside
. image

Started with the Woo but ditched it, I think that was a mistake more air may mean better fire and heat. Mickey any insight on this?

Scratch Made spanish rice, saw someone post about a sauce on the other forum so there may be some interest.

2 batches and this is what i got, not bad for $6 in meat
Could have been more moist but cant win em all. More juice and longer marinade would help.

Dinners up, even scratched the beans and pico .

Seattle, WA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    When did you learn to cook? . . . . . ^:)^
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    edited March 2013
    Mickey, griddle with or without woo? I pulled the woo since in the begining i felt it took a while to get heated  but think that killed my airflow hence fire not as hot even with vent wide open.
    Seattle, WA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Lord have Mercy! Outstanding, @SkinnyV!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    I use the woo and do a larger fire. Same as I do when using the wok to deep fry with. It is a little higher but a little larger fire makes up for it. You nailed that meal.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    Agreed I had a light fire hence why I lowered... next time. Also no reason not to go big on the fire and get a higher heat threshold to play with.
    Mickey said:
    I use the woo and do a larger fire. Same as I do when using the wok to deep fry with. It is a little higher but a little larger fire makes up for it. You nailed that meal.

Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lord have Mercy! Outstanding, @SkinnyV!!
    Gunnin for your Jambalya ... need to make one.
    Seattle, WA
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    OK. Now I have to get a griddle. I thought I could live without it. ...
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Muy bueno...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I'm trying to find a griddle for my small, after seeing this I am going to start looking a little harder! Looks great!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.