Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why do u need 2 BGE's in one table

I am a total new egg head only had mine since Valentines Day but why do I need 2 BGE's can anyone help

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Why don't you is what you need to ask
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I plan to purchase my third soon, many have more then that.  Say you are doing a low pork butt on one, you can do brats and burgers on the other.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    If cooking multiple items ( protein on one and veggies on one), if need to cook at two different temps, if have obsession, if have spending problem, if want a smaller egg to travel with.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    It'll hit you soon enough. I've got two, bought a small two weeks ago to join my large. Already dreaming of the xl

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    You don't. You need multiple eggs in multiple tables. In my case the ping pong table, kegerator, and tv are in the garage so I needed 2 out there also. When its really cold or for overnighters I fire up the XL and small out back and we hang inside My excuse to get my 2nd large was so I could do chili and cornbread at the same time and not cut the handle off one of my Griswold skillets. Hard to argue why you can't use another.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I got my large first and after about a year wanted to have another one to travel with so I got a small. I have a pergola instead of a table but its nice to have two temps when doing big cooks or just using a small one during the week.Some people who are serious about baking keep a egg to only bake in, but I'm not at that level. My second was all about portability and gets used together for the big cooks. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Looking forward to the day I can get #2!
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    That was pretty good (caliking) ROFL, maybe once I get really good on my large I will dive into another BGE
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    I am adding a Medium this year to the XL. 2 reasons, as one said, I may have a low and slow on the XL and want to do some burgers or something. During the week I may want to do something quick and wont have to fire up all that charcoal for a few chicken breasts. The Medium fits the bill. Lastly, I just want another one, I have become hooked on the smell of that charcoal starting to burn and pop. It should be illegal.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Go see Doc's Bachelor Steak (difft thread).  Great looking steak that looks kind of lonely on his big azz grill.  That's when you break out the small or mini and save some time and lump...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Really hard to argue with @Lit.  Sounds like a nice set-up!
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    When people ask me why I have more than one egg built in my table, I simply ask them, "Why does your stove have more than one burner?"

Living Large and XL

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited March 2013
    caliking said:
    That's like asking " why does a dog scratch its b--ls?"

Because it can!! :))

:D  :D  Love it!!

@tech284 I have four eggs.  My two larges are my smokers and bakers and my small and mini are my grillers.  There's been many times I've had all four chugging away for parties and almost every meal I cook outside I'm using at least two in some way.  I'd love to get an XL next as I am starting to get a lot of requests to cook for graduation parties etc.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I have 2 XLs and use them both at the same time at least twice each week either for different temps or low and slow on one while cooking dinner on the other.  I bought my second one within 4 months of the first.  Today is the first one's birthday and I've cooked 344 times on it since the day it was delivered, March 6th, 2012.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    dlk7 said:
    Today is the first one's birthday and I've cooked 344 times on it since the day it was delivered, March 6th, 2012.
    Now that is impressive!   Nicely done sir!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Why do you need more than one gonad?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    My small does "smaller" cooks.... Wow that sounds dumb. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I need 3 but am settling for 2.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • maximus1
    maximus1 Posts: 38
    I use one Large for low and slow, outfitted with a digiq, the other one for direct grilling, saves set up time, looking for a medium at the right price, and I will add that one as well.  If I had the time, I would cook on it everyday.  
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    You don't have too have two in one table, you can scatter them around the yard and you don't have to limit it to two! 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    Hey there are so many great ideas on that table one is the way you did your blocks on the LBGE with the small ones on the side second is the holders on the bottom I have a project now thanks I love the way it looks with 2 eggs .