Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest

Ok I have posted a few times. I love the egg but am still struggling. I am looking at going to egg feet in Georgia in May. So is it worth it? Will I learn anything? Can I buy another egg at a good price? I know I know. I can't get the first one right and want another one. I think if you are going to sear steaks you need two I might be wrong but that's what it seems like. Anyway. Ideas on eggfest?

Comments

• Mr_Bream
    Mr_Bream Posts: 34
    In my opinion, Yes, Yes and Yes.  I went to the Eggtoberfest October before last and learned a LOT.  In past years, Vidalia1, who is on this board, presented a BGE 101 at the Ga Mountain Eggfest.  Don't know if he's doing it this year or not but it should be worth your time.  We knew each other before i got into Eggs and he's given me great advise.  As for price...I've seen listed somewhere on this board.  Looks like there are good prices to be had.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    As a noob I went to my first eggfest as a cook. I don't know where I got the nerve to do such a thing but it was the best decision. I learned a lot. The people were so nice and helpful. Chris from Dizzy Pig was there and at the meet and greet he showed me what can be done cooking a steak. End result was there are no rules just cook to temp and enjoy. So bottom line, yes you will learn and everyone is ready to help and answer questions. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    IMO the 6 hours spent at a Fest is = to 6 months on your own. Time well spent.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Yes go to Georgia mountain eggfest even if you don't get another egg. Better than eggtoberfest IMO and plus we are cooking for the first time this year. There are a couple instructional cooking classes but you can learn more from talking to the cooks.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yes, yes & yes and I will be teaching the BGE 101 at the GA Mtn Fest again this year...you will learn a ton....We hope to see you there....
  • Angelina
    Angelina Posts: 19
    Ok I guess I will see you all there!! Can't wait. BTW I will be a taster in case you couldn't guess !!! Haha. Is there beer there?
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    I just bought me some tickets,

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Angelina said:
    Ok I guess I will see you all there!! Can't wait. BTW I will be a taster in case you couldn't guess !!! Haha. Is there beer there?
    Hi Angela,
    So happy to hear you're planning to come to the GA Mt. Eggfest. You're going to be very pleasantly surprised. The venue and the cooks from all over the country and Canada are amazing. I'm expecting over 150 cooks before it's over. Kim is going to do a class titled BGE 101, ClayQ is doing one on the art of making and baking artisan bread on the BGE and Bobby Cresap (Bobby-Q) is doing the third class (subject yet to be determined). Bobby is an academy trained chef and has been cooking and demonstrating the BGE in almost every venue you can imagine. Beer will be available during the fest for purchase, but, you're more than welcome to bring your own to the fest as well as the meet and greet. Try to come to the meet and greet if you can.......it's pretty amazing......
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    I am contemplating the same trip to Hiawassee if I can convince SWMBO. Will probably stay in Dillard though.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!