Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA Mt. Eggfest Cooks.......

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
Received this via UPS today for the cooks. 150 custom mouse pads and a very nice gift basket from Fred Bernardo, aka "SmokinGuitarPlayer", of Tasty Licks BBQ Products fame (www.tastylicksbbq.com). These mouse pads will go in the goody bags and the gift basket in the drawing.

Thank you for doing this, Fred. We all appreciate it!

Comments

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    Really looking forward to attending, and I'm bringing the fam too; will be my first eggfest. I think I may pre-order a mini, but was weighing that vs the small. Anyone know how much a small weighs? Looking for portability (beach, camping, tailgates, etc)
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Small is 77 pounds loaded. I take everything out and its manageable probably 50 pounds or so.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Crispix49 said:
    Really looking forward to attending, and I'm bringing the fam too; will be my first eggfest. I think I may pre-order a mini, but was weighing that vs the small. Anyone know how much a small weighs? Looking for portability (beach, camping, tailgates, etc)
    I use my small when I do demo cooks at the dealer, but, I take the dome off before loading. I carry mine around in a homemade carrier shown below. I just lift the carrier with the egg (no dome) in and out of car. Personally, if I were going to use it like you're planning, I'd go with the small. I have both sizes, but, use the mini most of the time at home just for the two of us. The small will give you a lot more cooking area and is much more flexible.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you don't mind spending the money there is a aluminum carrier called the egg carten that is really nice. It has handles so its not akward.