Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Teriyaki Wings

Tonight I needed to do something fairly quick. Rubbed six whole wings with a homemade rub. Cooked raised direct on the AR for thirty minutes flipping once. Pulled and let rest for five minutes then tossed in the sauce. Served with some sweet potato fries. Sauce1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, pinch of ground ginger, tsp minced garlic, and tbsp of sesame seeds. They were absolutely delicious!
Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA

Comments

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Looks good. Love me some sweet potato fries.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Outstanding!  I love sweet potato fries too... 
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    IF you can make them crispy, they are thebomb.com
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    edited March 2013
    IF you can make them crispy, they are thebomb.com

The skin was crispy. Grilling direct helped that process. Wouldn't have wings any other way!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I get my wings crispy by just cooking them high in the dome at 375 indirect.  So crispy, i can eat half the wing tip -- my favorite!!  Sprinkle them with some Lawry's poultry seasoning -- thats it!  I toss them in Ricky's wing sauce when they come off the grill -- 1/2 butter, half Ricky's !!
  • RLeeper
    I get my wings crispy by just cooking them high in the dome at 375 indirect.  So crispy, i can eat half the wing tip -- my favorite!!  Sprinkle them with some Lawry's poultry seasoning -- thats it!  I toss them in Ricky's wing sauce when they come off the grill -- 1/2 butter, half Ricky's !!

I'll have to try that next time. I did cook high in the dome with the AR but I cooked them direct. Do you dry your skin out if the refrigerator first? I love hot wings but SWMBO requested "something different" in the wings department, hence the teriyaki. That's why they are called SWMBO I guess!
  • Charlie tuna
    Hey, Teriyaki wings aren't bad, and actually naked wings are good too!!  I tried all the different methods - flour-oil-bread crumbs-corn starch-over night in the refrig ---  this works for me!  High in the dome -- just tin foil under them directly on the plate setter -- lots of smoke from the wing grease --  thats fine!!!  I like to eat those crispy wing tips -- full of flavor!!!
  • RLeeper
    Got it! Thanks for the tip. Mine were crispy but had a little char. I'll try that next time.
  • Charlie tuna
    Here's another batch that i am cooking on all three levels -- these wings never get turned -- just cooked!  And i forgot to say 1/2 and 1/2 Ricky's Wing Sauce and melted butter , and a good handful of freshly minced garlic----- heated together and poured over the wings in a big bowl.  Toss them to make shure they are all coated -- then sprinkle them with parmesan cheese.....
  • RLeeper
    If I wasn't doing ribs today I would be all over that!