Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ga Mountain eggfest demo prices up

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
I am gonna sell my large and upgrade to a new large this year and am considering doing the same with my small. The large with no nest is $609.

Comments

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Where do you live and how much would you take for your small?
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    Cool, Im thinkin about going to Ga Mountain Eggfest too.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    What's the difference in the large and new large
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Lit
    Options
    Not much. Bigger handle, fire ring is different it has slots for the plate setter, egg logo goes out not in. Main thing for me is I bought my large used and in have since realized how much the warranty is worth. I can sell my large for $500 and get the demo for $600 its a no brainer for me.
    @Mayberry the small was my first egg and was given to me not sure I could sell it. Would probably end up with 2 smalls.
  • Lit
    Options
    bo_mull said:

Cool, Im thinkin about going to Ga Mountain Eggfest too.

You really should go its a great time. I like it better than eggtoberfest. There's still alot of people think there was 1500 or so last year but its still mellow. The fest is at the north Georgia fairgrounds and the venue is all shaded by trees and the cooks each get their own little covered area its not like other fests where they are under canopies. Also whole campgrounds and fairgrounds is in the mountains and surrounded by lakes.
  • Mayberry
    Options
    I worked out a deal with a dealer to sell a small to me for Eggfest price, plus a few extras. But, trying to decide if a second egg is worth the money, or just me being greedy. Still...not going to beat $399 for a new small with warranty.
    Athens, GA
  • Lit
    Options
    $399 is cheaper than demo prices. I would get it for sure. I love having options to cook on plus the lump difference from the small to large for smaller cooks will pay for itself over the life of the egg. Large/small was the first combo i went with and its probably the best IMHO.
  • Mayberry
    Options
    Honestly, here's my rationale: I was about to pull the plug on an adjustable rig combo with the sliding oval grids and the extender. While CGS products are wonderful, if I'm going to go another $150+ for more grill real estate ( that isn't needed but once every few months), I could have a brand new Egg for a few hundred more, save on charcoal for smaller cooks, and have one outside the basement and one outside the kitchen on the deck. Or, I could build my own outdoor kitchen, which would be awesome. Plus, the extra real estate comes with the new Egg. I'm counting on you guys to fill me with rational thought and tell me what a great idea that is. On the other hand, there's a little consumer guilt involved, too. I was a poor, hopeless young man a few years back and dreamed of having a Big Green Egg one day. Now, I'm building my own business, doing quite well, have my Egg, and it feels greedy to want another one u der a yer after purchasing the first. I might sell my Weber gasser on Craigslist to help offset the guilt a little.
    Athens, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

@Mayberry - I'm glad to hear your business is doing well.  There's nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your labor with another Egg or with an AR or buying both for that matter!  What matters is that you enjoy them. 

I have a large, a small and a mini.  I have an AR and a woo for the small.  I thoroughly enjoy all my toys and use them all frequently.  Do I feel guilty?  Not one little bit!   

Flint, Michigan