Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Questions About Swing Racks

Options
2»

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @Solson005 That's what I was looking for, I'm kinda waiting for them to release the Swing Rack for the Medium to see what dimensions on the grates are.  If I can get a swing rack for the medium and use one of the grates to sear on the spider in the Large I would be really excited.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @Renatboost both that picture of the wings is using the platesetter. This is the only picture I could find on photo bucket but I use it with bricks as well. (Backwards spatchcock still works and tastes just as good)

@Scottborasjr I would Imagine that will work when they come out. Both great companies with different ways of getting the job done. I like the eggcessories I have but other setups can be great too. I like to think I have the best of both worlds.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I cook my wings without turning them, then i sauce them and serve them.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @Solson005 I agree with your pizza technique.  When I'm fixing two, I put the first one on the main grate, as you do, and get the good crust going.  When I like that I move to the top and put my second one on the main grate.  When the first pie is ready to come out of the egg, the second one is ready for the top level.

This makes the pizzas come off about 5-6 minutes apart, so it is perfect for serving.
  • Solson005
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I almost always do a pizza party and rarely cook just one or two pizzas. We have a normal pizza rotation where one person is in charge inside and one person mans the egg and all the kids and guests get to make their own pizza. It was a hit from the first Baker's Dozen Pizza Party and has been repeated many times. The pizzas have only gotten better and the swing rack has been a big part of that. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Do you guys use a pizza peel?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Options
    @Scottborasjr I use a Super Peel makes pizza parties so easy. 

You can even do two pizzas at the same time, no mess no time table to get the dough on the grill.