Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Chicken w/ roasted veggies

Options

Cook 4 pieces of bacon and let cool on paper towel, disgard most of bacon grease and brown red onion in skillet for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 teasppon of salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of tyme. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Mix all the onion with the bacon let cool. Spread the bacon onion mixture under the skin of the chicken breast and spead some more it on the outside of the skin. Season outside with some salt and pepper.

mix together carrots, gold potatos, and an onion sliced up with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper and 1/3 teaspoon of tyme. I placed all this is a baking dish and placed a V rack on top to hold my chicken. Cover chicken loosly with tin foil but not the veggies.  Cook at 325 degrees for about 2 hours until chicken is done. I took off the chicken and let it rest while i kicked up the heat on the egg to 400 degrees to help brown up the veggies.

Comments