Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturdays Cook

2»

Comments

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Wow that looks amazing.  I have seasoned mine and am planning on cooking it later today.  Right now I am smoking trout.  I took pics but am having trouble posting them- I will have to reread the directions...  What is that pan thing you are using to catch the drippings?  I was planning on just spreading aluminum foil on the plate setter.

Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • It's just a cast iron skillet.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    I finished the trout and then brought the egg up to 700 with the cast iron grate and seared one ribeye (I had it in my freezer since Aug).  Now I am bringing the temp down to 300-400 ish before putting on the rump roast.  I just covered the platesetter with foil- adding the plate setter after a steak sear really helps bring the temp down!!  My plan is to cook the roast, then shut down the egg while I go out for some errands and the roast sits.  Then come back and open the egg back up, cook some salmon that has been marinating, then finish the rib eye off along with some sliced peppers and onions.  What a wonderful day with my big green egg!  I want to slice the roast after it has been refrigerated overnight.  I have a mandolin and have used it in the past pretty successfully to slice turkey breast so I am going to try it on the cooked refrigerated rump roast.

I have a cast iron skillet- did it actually collect usable liquid?  Have you ever tried it unwrapped? 
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs