Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thighs and a confession (pics)

2»

Comments

• We've always eaten a lot of boneless, skinless thighs.  For years we've marinated them in Tiger sauce before and after the grilling.  Now I do just about anything.  I was on a Jerk Jag for a while.  the last ones I cooked were brined.  Heck.....I don't even remember what I seasoned them with but the brine was excellent. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Thread rehash!  Nice idea @NecessaryIndulg, I'm grilling BL, SL chicken thighs at the race tailgate this Saturday, and was looking for a way to do them.  Thanks for the rub and sauce idea.  I think that sounds like a great flavor combo.  I'll probably bun them, maybe with a few dill pickle slices, to make them edible with one hand. I need my drinking hand free for that day.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Great looking cook!!!! Some days call for low and slow and some days call for quick and easy. Either way it's a good meal when cooked on an Egg.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Those are some fine looking chicken thighs, on the raised method, 2 or 3 fire bricks, and is the stock cast iron grate and steel grate okay to use together on this set up? I was told that by using the two grates together with the cast iron on top both offset by a 180 degrees that they help reduce flare ups

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, @ThrasherIII !

I apologize, I don't understand your grate question.  Below is a photo of how I cook raised direct -- I couldn't immediately get my hands on a photo with thighs, so wings are standing in for now.  ;) 

I cook on a cast iron grate and raise it with 2 fire bricks, one on each side. 

I hope this is a little clearer? 

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • well kinda, the cast iron is flat side up on two fire bricks. My other babbling was about using the regular steel one underneath the cast iron. setting the steel one going north and south and the cast iron on top of it going east and west. thanks again those are some tasty looking wings 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Those look fantastic!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    We went out for wings last night as I have not mastered wings yet.  I ate 2 but drank some really good craft beer.  I would tear into your wings. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.