Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the coldest you ever egged?

Options
2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    19F w/ a wind chill factor of 8F. Amazing how fast on can move when you put your mind/frozen behind to it.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I did a tri tip on saturday, then cranked up the heat for a quick clean burn to clean some gunk off the platesetter.  The Egg was still too hot when I was going to bed, so I left it uncovered overnight.  When I awoke we had gotten a half inch of snow or so.  The Egg and the area around it were bone dry and ready to go again, lol!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    19F w/ a wind chill factor of 8F. Amazing how fast on can move when you put your mind/frozen behind to it.
    I just keep a nice strong beer in my hand while grilling in those temps.  On saturday, I finished a 750ml bottle of 10%+ beer in about 20 minutes while hanging outside with the egg.
    Steve 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I just keep a nice strong beer in my hand while grilling in those temps.  On saturday, I finished a 750ml bottle of 10%+ beer in about 20 minutes while hanging outside with the egg.

Good day for a Chimay.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Good call. I have an ABT 12 with my name on it.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Good day for a Chimay.
    Agreed. I drank a 750 of Bruery Three French Hens and then some Uinta Hop Notch's as needed.
    Steve 

• BYS1981
    Options
    Iam on a Chimay and Belgian stint, but I will drink any beer. I have two aging right now, and will get them on Christmas.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I probably shouldn't admit this but... I rescheduled my cheeseburger cook on Sunday because it was a frigid 55F.  I stayed inside all day (wrapped up in a snuggie) and ordered takeout lasagna.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Iam on a Chimay and Belgian stint, but I will drink any beer. I have two aging right now, and will get them on Christmas.
    I am always on a Belgian stint. There must be a reason they've been around about as long as the Magna Carta
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    Here in central Oklahoma, it's the humidity and windchill that gets you! I grilled in a blizzard we had a few years ago ... wind chills below zero! But, I was comfy with my Woodford on that low-n-slow!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    We go winter camping January of every year with our Eggs up at 3500 feet elevation in West Virginia. Our record is 15 below not counting the wind. Overnight, no Guru. 8 hours solid all by itself while I was cocooned in my down sleeping bag.

Amazing mosheen.
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • scooter759
    Options

lived in san diego for 15 yrs, san antonio for 10 yrs,  now southrn mn for 2 yrs,  syill hanging in there with bbq, gonno do 2 racks of SLC's tomorrow.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • jleon401
    Options
    I would have to say high 20's low 30's
    LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Last weekend it was 18F when I started some PP.  Does it count when you're sitting inside while having a beer or twelve and watching the maverick.  Never had to go out and mess with anything until I pulled her off the following day (by then it was up to 25F)

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• yumdinger
    Options
    Got a pot of Cow Lick chili on right now, It is 14 degrees farenheit.  Cooking Chili in the Cold!  No Snuggie though.
  • daffy1909
    Options
    -30C the other day!!!did some babybacks!!!!never to cold,wet,or dark to egg!!!!! :))
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    -30 c/ -40c with the wind chill ( -22 F/-40 F), I sure cant wait till summer, however +30 c or 86 F would prob be a good heat for here.....still......cant wait!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • BYS1981
    Options

BYS1981 said:

I am always on a Belgian stint. There must be a reason they've been around about as long as the Magna Carta

I told my friend if chimay has been around since the time that Lincoln was killing vampires I can definitely drink it.
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Probably 40 or so
    Boom