Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first ribs

Options
Rubbed with olive oil then rubbed one with Dizzy Dust and the other with Dizzy's Red Eye Express. I went with the 3-1-1 method. Misted with apple juice-cider vinegar mix every hour or so. Foiled after three hours and removed from foil after the fourth. After removing from foil the one with Dizzy Dust got a good mopping of Garland Jacks Sweet Brown Sugar BBQ sauce thinned with Amberbock beer. The other rack was left alone. Kept the dome between 250 & 275. These were awesome. Will definitely do again. Fried taters and green beans on the side.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Garland jacks is very good.

Great lookin ribs.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Makin me hungry. Great looking ribs.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Nice. Much better than my first ribs. You'll have no trouble here.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Looks awesome, my first ribs were not what I wanted them to be, you look like you are well on your way.
    \:D/
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Lookin' good (or I dare say delicious).

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks tasty! I did ribs on Saturday, I never thought about doing different methods or spices at the same time. Did you have a favorite? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @Solson005 They were both great but SWMBO said she liked the ones without sauce the best and I would probably agree. This is the first time I have used Dizzy's Red Eye Express and I really liked it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I have a sampler packet of that I still need to try, I used dizzy dust on my ribs and they turned out great. I should have just done what most of us end up with and just buy all the flavors from the start. I tried Tsunami Spin on chicken tonight and will be adding it to my next order. I'll give it a try sometime thanks! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.