Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE raising prices

Options
On Facebook a dealer  posted that as of 2-25 BGE would be raising prices with a LBGE going up approximately $50.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    my dealer here uses it as a hoax to make you buy now.... im sure prices have gone up over time and might go up in future but that holds no water to me.  besides... whats the difference in a 700$ grill and a 750$ grill and dont say 50$ cause thats only three bags of charcoal.... 

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The prices seem to be dealer specific (in my limited time in the BGE world). i have been calling around looking for a small BGE and prices have ranged from $507-$560ish for the egg alone. That's about a $50 spread right there.

I agree - if you're in for $700 + who-knows-how-much in accessories, another $50 isn't going to make or break anything.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    good point @caliking I've noticed a 100$ price swing in egg models from dealers withing 1-2 hour radius of me

XLBGE 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    There is indeed a price increase as of Mar 1.   If you are on the fence on picking up an Egg, could save some bucks before the end of the month nationwide.  Just sayin'.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    There is indeed a price increase as of Mar 1.   If you are on the fence on picking up an Egg, could save some bucks before the end of the month nationwide.  Just sayin'.
    thanks man

XLBGE 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    For several years the price increse was Feb 1st-obviously moved along.  The best deal would be if you could score one at an Eggfest-all the bene's of a new buy (biggest of which is the warranty) and much cheaper.  Like buying a demo car-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Do you think some of that fifty bucks --  like maybe five bucks might be spent on a decent gasket??
  • rolltideegghead
    Options
    I heard they were gonna increase 4-5%. March 1st
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Do you think some of that fifty bucks --  like maybe five bucks might be spent on a decent gasket??
    What problem do you have with the new high temp gasket?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    My "NEW" high temp gasket didn't last two months............
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited February 2013
    Options
    BGE's stock gasket changed 6 months ago to a better quality (IMO).   Better the old nomex, now self sticking.   The problem with gaskets is the adhesives, "food safe" adhesives need to be babied for a few cooks.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    When you sell a top of the line product -- at top of the line prices -- don't scrimp on "the small "stuff"!  Give the customer a product he/she can cook those items you show in the instruction manual.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Addressing your original post....I think they have done just that 6 months ago.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @smittythesmoker
    picking up an egg hopefully next week or two, how do I know if it has "the gasket"?? Just ask how long its been on the floor or can i look and tell

XLBGE 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited February 2013
    Options

Old stock gasket were dark gray (charcoal) felt.  New gaskets are light gray.

Here's a pic-image

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    mohawk industries 12 month rolling stock price......maker of the ceramic parts, last I remember......

missed another one to make some dough........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • A-Baum
    A-Baum Posts: 29
    Options
    I would also recommend picking an egg up NOW if you are even remotely considering it.  I just nabbed an XL for $879 assembled from a place in MD.  Last one they were going to have for a while.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    A-Baum said:
    I would also recommend picking an egg up NOW if you are even remotely considering it.  I just nabbed an XL for $879 assembled from a place in MD.  Last one they were going to have for a while.
    Where at? By last did you mean the last XL on hand or the last time they will offer that price on a XL?