Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentine's Break-In

Options
Hello All!!

My XL BGE was delivered yesterday afternoon.  Even though it was raining, I couldn't resist firing it up to cook my wife dinner on it.  Seared her a blue-rare filet, and cooked me a pork chop to medium.  I also fired up some asparagus. I still smell like I cooked on a campfire!
Sorry there aren't any pics, it was dark AND raining.  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to our little world. You are about to have fun.... What is a "blue"?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Capndik
    Options
    Mickey said:
    It's what I refer to as "gross", but SWMBO is a carnivore extraordinaire!

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    To each his own but ill take blue any day! I do prefer rare to medium rare though. I hate ordering steak out but have to go with rare cause no one knows how to cook a steak. I've ordered so many mediums that come out well done and usually a rare is closer to med rare or medium cause the cooks last job was at a retail store not a resturaunt

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Welcome to your new obsession! Steak, chops, and asparagus are three great things on the egg!  =D>

This forum is the best way to cut the learning curve of cooking on a Big Green Egg. I look forward to your posts and pictures. And I already have learned what Blue-rare means, so nice start! 

Another good resource is to check out Naked Whiz my dad calls it the consumer reports of all things ceramic. 

Ask questions and we will provide you with multiple answers but its all in fun and will help you make some awesome food! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I know I live near a tough area when I saw your thread title and thought "I hope they didn't steal the Egg!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    I know I live near a tough area when I saw your thread title and thought "I hope they didn't steal the Egg!"
    My first thought was dang, got broken into on V-Day! 2nd thought was what size egg did they steal?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:
    "Blue" means its still mooing :)

@Capndik - many wives have developed a deeper love for their spouses after an Egg came onto the scene. Strong work!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.