Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Piri Piri Chicken (lots of pix)

This is my most favorite Steven Raichen recipe...it's intended for chicken wings, but tonight I grilled a whole spatchcock chicken with the marinade and glaze...  Piri Piri Chicken Wings

Last night, I knew I had to do something with this small, all natural, hormone-free chicken.  It donned on me that I had ginger....had cilantro....onion....lemon juice....hot sauce....garlic....I was set!  So last night, I used the food processor and whipped up the marinade.  Then poured it on the chicken, worked the marinade over and under the skin, and marinaded it for about 20 hours or so covered in the fridge. 

Set the BGE for a raised, direct cook at around a 375 deg f dome temp. 

Let it go until the internal temp of the chicken reached 175 deg in the legs and thighs, and 162 deg in the breasts.

Cut it all up, then glazed it once it was plated.  Recipe works just fine on a whole chicken as it does on wings.  :)

Our last coupla whole chickens have been All Natural and Hormone-Free...  I think we will buy these from now on.  They are much smaller than those chickens at Wally World that are the size of small turkeys.  They seem to stay so much more juicy as well.  And they taste much better in our opinions...almost "richer" and more "delicate" if that makes sense?  I dunno how to explain my brain sometimes.  ;)  Anywho...this recipe is killer.  Highly recommended.  :D  

Comments