Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf ... Thanks @hapster

Options
Greeno55
Greeno55 Posts: 635
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Saw Hap's post this morning and immediately knew what I was having for dinner.  Have been wanting to fire up my meat grinder attachment to my Kitchen Aid.

Picked up a 2.5lbs of chuck, then cut into chunks and ran them through my grinder a couple times.  blanched some bacon with onions and green peppers and used saltines and flavored bread crumbs as @hapster suggested.  Where I changed, was the suggestion some mentioned about reducing the amount of milk and adding an egg.  After forming, topped it off with my favorite steak spice and put on a 400* egg with some hickory.  Have to say it was by far the best meatloaf I've ever had.  The crust was so good with a nice smoke ring.  Next time I think I would add a little bit of seasoning to the mix and use hickory chunks.  All I had was chips.
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments