Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photo test, a few cooks.

Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Okay, started trying this at the wrong time, baby crying, dog needs a walk, I'll give it another go in a bit, sorry.  Just haven't posted pics since the wife got pregnant and trying to figure out what I've forgotten.

EDIT: Okay, got one way to get pics up, but obviously they are from my phone.  Sorry if nothing looks any good just trying to figure this stuff out again on very little sleep.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Nice food
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thanks Mickey, sorry about the double post of the wing pic, but I'll get better I promise.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    looks like you figured it out to me! Nice looking cooks!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    So please explain to me what's the problem? The pics are great, the food looks perfect and the wife's pg. Looks to me like you got everything figured out.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Everything looks great to me, way to go!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks good from where I'm sitting.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Thanks guys, just needed  to remember how to get the pics to post to the forum without having to click the links to see them.  Think I got it.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Better pics than I can get from my iphone.  Nice looking cooks!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Looks real good, and i have only had 3 beers tonight B-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Don't worry Chubbs, I'm about to catch up with you 2.5 in
    ;)
  • CeramicChef
    CeramicChef Posts: 182
    edited February 2013
    Scott - I'd say not only did you get the pix thing figured out, but you and the BGE seem to have struck up quite the relationship! Nicely done on the pix and the cooks!
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Those wings look darn tasty. How did you do them? That loaf looks amazing as well! Nice job all around.
  • The wings were done direct on a raised grid with a hickory bbq rub that my wife is fond of.  If memory serves they were about 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes turned every 10 minutes or so until they reached a internal temp of at least 180.  Some were higher pushing 200 degrees internal. But they were crispy and tasty.  The loaf was actually a boneless ham that I put some apple smoke on for about 3 hours at 325. Thanks for looking.
    :)>-
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Quick question, when you do a pie, does it have a smokey flavor?
  • @Jscott, in my experience no but typically the egg has been lit at least 90 minutes if not longer before I put a pie on.  I've never started the Egg just to bake on.  Always done the baking after making the main meal for the evening.  So by the time I get to putting desert on most of the smokiness of the charcoal is gone.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Great looking grub, especially the pie! What kind was it? Blueberry?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Yeah it was blueberry. Doubted baking on the egg until a couple years ago and tried it. Haven't used the oven since (my wife has)
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    @Scottborasjr, thanks for the tip. This will work. I'd cook/griil/smoke whatever we're having and then put the pie on while we are eating. When we are finished eating, the pie would be as well.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it.