Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-732

Not sure if this is a good price or not but I was going to order one anyway. Amazon has the Maverick ET-732 for $59.99 with free super slow... errr... super saver shipping.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That's pretty much the standard price.  There was a $15 off coupon a week or two ago, but I don't think it is good any longer. 

If you haven't done this already, you can sign up for a trial for Prime and get free 2nd day shipping.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    That seems to be the standard price on Amazon. They recently had a discount code for it(25% off) so I would keep an eye out for those. I saw it at Williams-Sonoma outlet for $49.99, which I don't know if it would be carried this time of year.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    edited February 2013

i have 2 of these from BBB... 39.99. get a coupon in the mail for their discount and save more..

had these for years and they work awesome- wireless as well.  it is a maverick product i believe.. i continually test them  and the temp is still spot on years later.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=12123876

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Order spare probes if you can.  I can not find them anywhere locally.  I ended up buying a whole new Maverick.

Garnerville, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    robnybbq said:

Order spare probes if you can.  I can not find them anywhere locally.  I ended up buying a whole new Maverick.

Listen to him...they will fail.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • @ XLBalco...I have one of those as well...it has always worked great for me. When I fried my probe a while back I bought 4 probes for $10.00 per probe and now when I do 4 butts I just stick a probe in each butt and then just plug the unit to the probe I want to know the temp of.
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    @ XLBalco...I have one of those as well...it has always worked great for me. When I fried my probe a while back I bought 4 probes for $10.00 per probe and now when I do 4 butts I just stick a probe in each butt and then just plug the unit to the probe I want to know the temp of.
    Nice.  I like that idea
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I ordered 2 grill and one food probe today...$32 from maverick.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I just got my food probes from Maverick on Sat. I bought the 2 set for $27ish and the claim to be high heat and they have 6' long strands.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.