Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hasty Bake

Options
Anybody use Hasty Bake lump? I can get it 10 pounds for $8. Royal Oak is about the only other thing I can get locally and it was not in stock?

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    My BGE dealer sells it but always has Ozark Oak and that's what I use. I can ask this week and if he says its comparable ill pick up a bag and let you know.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • 3andsomedust
    Options
    It's all I use....it is packaged by Ozark Oak. If you can get it for $8 a bag that's a great deal...I pay about $10 I think..
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I tried one bag of it (it came with my Hasty Bake grill) & didn't care for it. My bag had lots of small pieces and seemed like a large amount from thin bark. Considering it was "Highly Recommended" by the Naked Whiz, I was disappointed. Maybe I got bad bag.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thought this was going to be about light bulb controlled ovens.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That may be a good price based on where you live. It is Ozark Oak, which is very highly reviewed. From the Hasty Bake website, you can get 50 lbs for $31.45, which comes out to  around $0.62/lb. For me, shipping is prohibitive as it more than doubles the price. I can get Ozark Oak for $1/lb. At $0.80/lb, I'd go for it.

If you are anywhere near Arkansas, Ozark Oak seems to go for around $0.50/lb