Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Enjoying my Mini CI grid

The Mini with a Cast Iron grid can produce some nice grill marks and a serious sear: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I love a ribeye on the Mini: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was tasty. Thx for looking.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Looks fantastic. Love the mini
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Looks amazing, have a large and a medium, the mini is my next conquest for SWMBO
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Hope Leroy sees this and adds it to the next movie.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    +1... if only I didn't have to spend $40 on the stainless 10inch gridwhen it should have come with my newer mini  I would feel just fine spending $40 on this . 
    Looks great  I can't turn away from A mini thread.
    Seattle, WA
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Thanks all for the kind words!

@SkinnyV - I was in your exact situation with multiple SS grids. I just got to the point where visually I wasn't satisfied with the grill marks I was getting on cooks like this:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I love my CI grids on the other Eggs but I use my Mini the most for 2 person cooks so when they came out with one I had to have one. Perhaps if they made a Mangrate or GrillGrate for a Mini that'd be another option but I don't think it'd much of a savings. Ah, I'm an accessory junkie, I might as well admit it! :D
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Damn, that looks good!!
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    The CI for the mini is my next purchase. I'm just not happy with the sear from the SS.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Does anyone have link to a site selling the CI grate for the mini

Thanks
  • @lloydey - You can get one from your BGE dealer.  I just ordered the mini CI grid from mine.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone - thanks for the response i'm in the UK my local dealer hasn't even heard that CI for the mini exists, nothing mentioned on the BGE web site .COM or .UK. I've gooogle a few time no luck.
  • R2Egg2Q
    It is a BGE product (pretty new). Part #10CI

Bay Area, CA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Does this fit the woo in case u want to go raised.
    Seattle, WA
  • R2Egg2Q
    It sits fine on top of the Woo but there isn't anything securing the grid other than its weight. The new style Mini Woo is designed with little bars to secure the CI grid. As long as you're just cooking on it and not scraping it off while sitting on the Woo I think it is fine. That's just my opinion.

Bay Area, CA
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Looks good. I love mine with the woo as well.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA