Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have a good CRAB DIP recipe?

Options

Figured you guys and gals would be the peeps to ask.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited February 2013
    Options
    2 8 ozs pkg cream cheese, 6-8 ozs crab meat, little hot sauce-couple tbs or so.  little mayo and parmesan cheese, optional chopped artichoke hearts.  Heat cream cheese in microwave to soften, mix in rest ingredients.  Place in microwaveable dish sprinkle with diced scallions  or chives.  Heat to hot and serve with crackers of choice. Portions are adjustable depending on your tastes.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Thanks, Richard.  You think a little bit of Horseradish would be good cut in to that recipe?
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thanks, Richard.  You think a little bit of Horseradish would be good cut in to that recipe?
    Yes if you like horseradish, which we do, but usually use a sirichi sauce or something to give it a kick and IMHO the horseradish would conflict.  Try it.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    That sounds alot like a my recipe, I sometimes substitute greek yogurt for cream cheese when I'm trying to feel healthy, but it's good either way.  If serving it cold I top it with cocktail sauce and make it a cocktail dip, but if warm I add some tabasco.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bccomstock
    Options
    That looks like a recipe I've done before.. Never added the artichoke though.  Nice twist to it.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Here is one for those who want a cream cheese alternative 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded 2 cups mayo 1tbs Dijon mustard 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce Juice of 1 lemon 1/4 teaspoon cayenne Fresh ground pepper to taste 16 oz artichoke hearts cut into small pieces 1lb crabmeat back fin or lump 1/2cup chopped parsley Preheat to 350 Combine cheese, mayo,mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, cayenne, and black pepper in large bowl...mix until well combined. Fold in crab, chokes, and parsley Bake 20-25 min
    Large BGE Middletown, MD