Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE thermometer from Tel-Tru food clearance issues with CGS XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo

Options
My thermometer is 150-750 temp reading but not sure if 3 1/2 inches or 5 inches and don't have access to it right now to measure. I have an XL Egg i just got and want to get Ceramic Grill Store XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo and wondering if I need to get 3.5 inch if I have a 5 inch for food clearance issues?Anyone have this combo and have issues with thermometer hitting food when using adjustable rig? Thanks Mark

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Take a wine bottle cork and trim the length to however much you want to offset the length of the thermal inside the dome by. Drill a hole through it. Slide thermometer through the cork and clip it inside the dome.

Done. Food clearance issue solved!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Options

I have a CGW Swing Rack and this is not my picture but I did something similar when I did a 9 pound turkey on my small.  Just like @caliking suggested. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    you can take the metal band on the inside and put it on the outside.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.