Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Winter Cooking Tips

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I have BGE BBQ guru DigiQ DX2.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @NDG - sounds like your fan is freezing.  Squirt some WD-40 in the bushing to try drying it out.
    Options
    @NDG sounds like your fan is freezing.  Squirt some WD-40 in the bushing to try drying it out.
    Options
    I cooked a 9 lb shoulder Saturday night to Sunday afternoon, almost 15 hours.  When I started the temperature was -10ºC the egg kept steady between 225 to 235 at the grate level.  Did not use a fan controller and there was no problems.  I used a Maverick to monitor the cook.

Gerhard
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    You could be right bc I always seem to get liquid pour out (under an ounce total) when I pulled the fan from the egg . .ill try that, thanks . .
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    NDG said:
    You could be right bc I always seem to get liquid pour out (under an ounce total) when I pulled the fan from the egg . .ill try that, thanks . .
    Let us know if that works and we'll know it's something legit to try next time someone reports that problem.