Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question on assembly

Options
Hello everyone been reading the forum for some time but this is my first post and hope someone can help.
New to the egg thing, bought a large egg a few months ago and just finished building a table for it, so I am just now getting around to assembling the egg.
Everything went together fine till I went to put the fire ring into the egg? both the online and written instructions say the rounded notches in the fire ring should face up and the square notches face down for a large egg. But if I try to do that the fire ring does not sit on the fire box, it hits the side of the egg. But if I install it with the round notches down and the square notches up if fits fine.
The instruction say this is the correct way for XLarge egg is it possible I got the wrong fire ring? would it matter if I install it with round notch down?

thanks

Cary NC

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    Round notches go down. Your egg/fire ring is newer than the instructions. Mine that was bought in December was the same. Square notches up and get to cooking.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    The square notches up will also line up perfect with the plate setter. So you can heve a few inch diff depending on if you drop the plate into the notches or leave on top.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada