Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dizzy pig course

Options
anyone able to tell an advantage over the dizzy dust with the dizzy dust course? about to restock my rubs. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    Course grind is better suited for bigger thicker cuts of meat, as you rub it in it'll embedd itself better and it'll take longer to dissolve as its more course.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    MattyMc said:

Coarse? I thougth this was about a class they were teaching :)

Ha good one. Just read a few of my other post to pick up on my wonderful spelling.

Just wondering if anyone can tell an advantage with it over the normal on butts.

XLBGE 
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    I have been using the coarse on just about everything. I find it to be very flavorful and easy to rub in. Seems like it just dissolves into the meat
  • jleon401
    Options
    I just stocked up on some and meant to buy the "regular" grind and ended up getting the coarse. I will find out Sunday if I can tell the difference, going to do two butts, one regular grind and the other coarse.
    LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    jleon401 said:

I just stocked up on some and meant to buy the "regular" grind and ended up getting the coarse. I will find out Sunday if I can tell the difference, going to do two butts, one regular grind and the other coarse.

Amazing. Please post results. I feel like it'd be good.

XLBGE